This Skinny Banana Bread recipe has no oil, is low sugar, and just over 100 calories/slice! I found it years ago and it is the best banana bread recipe and low in calories. I like to add walnuts but it will increase the calorie count.
- 4 bananas, about 1 1/3 cups, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (white or white-whole wheat)
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Grease a standard 9×5” loaf pan (I also like to line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper to make sure the loaf doesn’t stick).
Mash bananas in a mixing bowl. Add egg, vanilla, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon and stir well to combine.
In a separate small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir to combine.
Gently stir in melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow cooling in the pan for 5-10 a few minutes before inverting onto a wire cooling rack.
You can also make muffins, it makes 12 muffins and you bake the 18-25 units
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 209mg | Potassium: 208mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 3.4mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg
Or simply called Bavarian Pork Schnitzel or Pork Schnitzel. Today I’m trying out the air fryer. It could be my secret to a healthy alternative to deep-frying. Trying out bavarian seasonings as well we will see if my favorite dinner guest approves.
If you don’t have an air fryer there are two other options.
Use a high heat of 425-450 degrees. Make sure to flip it about halfway through so you don’t have a crispy side and a mushy side. Or place the chops on a cooling rack atop a baking sheet so the heat can get to both sides.
If you go with pan-frying, then just use enough oil to coat the bottom of your pan. Again, high heat is your friend. Plus if you can find lard instead of oil and healthy eating isn’t your friend then go with lard, it will taste better.
Also to answer the question of a friend.
Can you make schnitzel with chicken?
Schnitzel can be made with chicken, veal, beef, turkey, pork, venison, and if you want to do it with ostrich – go for it!
Bavarian Pork Schnitzel ( it’s the combination of spice that makes it bavarian)
- 4 boneless pork chops, cut or pounded to 1/3″ thickness
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cups bread crumbs, I like to make my own
- Rinse and pat dry the pork chops
- Turn on the air fryer to 390°
- In one bowl mix bread crumbs, spices and blend well, plus salt and pepper to taste. Place egg and flour in two separate bowls.
- Dip chop in flour to coat. Then into the egg wash. Then dredge all sides of the pork into the panko mixture. Finish all pork chops and coat all surfaces.
- Spray the basket from the air fryer with olive oil spray then place into the air fryer basket.
- My air fryer will hold 2 pork chops. Place them into the basket and cook for 16 minutes opening at 8 minutes, spraying with a light burst of oil to help get a golden brown color. (16 minutes because my pork chops were about an inch thick) All air fryers are slightly different check temperature to make sure it is 145° or cut into them and check to make sure the pork is opaque.
- Cook in batches if you have more than will fit into your air fryer. Place cooked ones onto a plate and cover to keep warm until the rest are completed.
- Serve immediately.