Thank you Doni for nominating me the Liebster Blog Award!
You are so kind in granting me this award, thank you so much for your ongoing support! Apologies for publishing this post late, December was a very busy traveling month for me with little internet access and January has been the catching up month so far.
The word Liebster is derived from German meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, and the like. This award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Thank the person who has nominated you
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 5-11 blogs, let them know about the nomination
- Ask them 11 questions
Answers to Doni’s Question
How is the weather like in the place you live? No need to specify country? It started to snow yesterday. We don’t get a lot of snow so all the places of business are closed.
In my blog, what areas of my blog should I improve? Honesty would be appreciated? Not sure, I like your blog.
If someone gives everyone in your friendship group a bracelet EXCEPT you (take note that this happens when you are there to witness it) – how would you react? Do you think this is wrong? That is a difficult question. Could it have been an oversight, was intentional, was it done to send a message? Most likely there are hurt feelings. I would be hurt and would ask myself what I had done wrong.
Drinking alcohol – what is the downsides of consuming it? Loss of control, loss of brain cells.
Do you think ethics contribute to success? How? Watch the movie Casino Jack.
Would you take care of your parents when you are older or would you send them to nursing homes? I would take care of them if they would move into my home but I wouldn’t be able to move into their home.
Who harms you the most? A beast harming you physically or your evil mind? (I am not saying you have a evil mind but imagine :P) The beast
Do you think morals are degrading these days? Yes
What is the purpose of life? To get up every morning and do the best you can.
What is your goal for 2018? My personal mission statement for 2018. To have fun on my journey, learn from my mistakes and share with others.
Have you donated to a charity or do you have plans to donate to a charity? I usually volunteer.
Ya Boy Jack
The Dolls’ Mom
What are your goals for 2018?
How do you keep yourself motivated to achieve your goals?
How do you track your goals?
Why did you start blogging?
Where do you get your ideas for your blog posts?
How do you find time for blogging?
What are your hobbies?
How do you manage your time?
How do you keep up with friends, email or letters?
What is your favorite book?
What is your favorite meal and what is that recipe?
Big thanks to mira for nominating me. Mira lives and Nigeria and her blog posts are insightful and thought provoking. Check out her blog, he post on Friendship is so far my favorite.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog
- Answer the ten questions asked on this post
- Nominate at least five people to do it also
- Let your nominees know you nominated them
Questions and Answers
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE BOOK PET PEEVES?
- If there are too many side plots
- Dry academic writing in a novel
- Misleading titles
Describe your perfect reading spot.
I have a reading chair
Tell us Three book confessions
1 Just like Mira, I never finished the Harry Potter series
2 At times I skip pages because I can’t handle the suspense
3 I have difficulties giving books negative reviews.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
I always cry if I read about someone is or did die.
How many books are on your bedside table?
What’s your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?
In the winter and on a rainy day I drink coffee or tea.
Name Three books you would recommend to Everyone
- Half the Sky by Nicholas D Kirstof
- Everything I never Told You by Celest Ng
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coastes
Show us a picture of your favorite bookcase on a bookshelf
Can’t answer this questions I do get my books from the library
Describe how much books mean to you in just three words
Expanding the mind
Esme from Cook and Enjoy Recipes has nominated me for this Blue Sky Tag. Check out her blog, most of all check out the Share and Inspire page. You still have time to participate in the June event. It is a fun event you will enjoy it.
- Give 11 questions.
- Tag 11 people.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Don’t forget to thank the person who tagged you.
Questions Given To Me:
- Where do most visits to your blog come from?
- United States and
- Name a musical instrument/s you play/played.
- Sadly enough I never really took the time to learn a musical instrument.
- What is your biggest wish you want fulfilled this year.
- Be able to run a 5k race
- Pay down my credit card debt
- What is your favorite book?
- Orlando by Virginia Woolf
- Name the most special moment in your life.
- Coming to America 🙂
- What prompted you to start blogging?
- There are many reasons but the main reason, as I noted here was my grandma.
- What are the principles that you live by?
- “be patient and
- be kind”
- Do you have any hobbies, other than Blogging? Name one or two please.
- Baking and
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- I’m still new to blogging but I did write a small piece on how to write a great blog. I think the most important pieces about being a successful blogger is consistency. Second, make sure readers know what your blog is about.
- As a food blogger, I need to ask this: Which do you like best: Cooking or Baking?
- Share a link to your best post(s)
- My Valentine’s Day Breakfast received the most views, however; my personal favorite is my Strawberry Torte mainly because the cake was so good I was named “Ella of the Strawberry Cake”.
Questions To My Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- How do you find time for your blog?
- Do you have a blogging routine/schedule?
- How long does it take you to finish writing a post?
- Do you have a morning routine?
- What is your favorite autobiography?
- How many languages do you speak?
- What does it mean to be a woman?
- Is your blog listed on your resume/linked-in page?
- How do you stay in shape?
- Are you doing any volunteer work, if so what kind and why?
My Nominees Are:
The DIY Home Garden Blog
The Creative Crafts DIY Blog
The Style and Tips Blog
The My Kitchen My Thoughts Blog
The Not So Creative Cook Blog
The Snigda Rohilla Blog
The Diary Of A Muslim Girl
The Fun Fashion Freedom Site Blog
The Kool Kosher Kitchen Blog
The A Foodie Housewife Blog
The An Old Sole Blog
Enjoy and please check out all these awesome blogs.
Last Week I was nominated for the mystery blogger award by
! I’m really happy because I just started to working on my blog and being nominated is indeed a great honor. Thanks so much to for nominating me for this award. Please check out her link:
Here are the rules!
- Display award on blog
- List rules
- Mention creator of the award & provide link
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link
- Say three things about yourself
- Answer five questions from your nominee
- Write five questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate from ten to 20 other bloggers
- Notify nominees by commenting on their blog (still doing that!)
- Share your best post
, informed me,
of this Award was created by Okoto Enigma to give unseen bloggers a chance to show yourself to the world. Thanks Okoto!!! I love your blog and congratulations on beating your record again.
Three Things about Me
- I’m always in search for the next best recipe.
- I love cooking, baking, gardening and handicrafts..
- My goal for this year is to read 100 books, 2 down 98 to go.
- Whats your current favorite T.V. show? >>>>>Castel
- What is your ultimate guilty pleasure?>>>>>>>Red Wine
- Do you have a bad habit?>>>>>>>Red Wine
- Do you have a good habit?>>>>>I managed to get up every day, this year -1 to do my morning workout I think it qualifies as a good habit now
- If you could meet one celebrity or person you admire who would it be? Why?>>>>Michelle Obama, why her intellect and patience.
5 Questions for my Nominees
- What prompted you to start blogging?
- What is at the top of your Bucket List?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What are your goals for 2017?
Kimberly Harding: https://kimberlyharding.wordpress.com/
Morgan Hayley: https://morganhayley.wordpress.com/
Gail Dorna: https://snapshotsincursive.com/about/
My Best Post
Maybe not my best post but my best recipe, for now.