This gallery contains 3 photos.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 2 hours 50 min.YIELD:8 servings
2 pounds boneless venison or beef chuck roast, cut in 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons canola oil
4-1/4 cups water, divided
1/2 cup tomato juice
2 medium onions, cut in wedges
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 bay leaves
2 to 3 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
6 medium carrots, quartered
1 large rutabaga, peeled and cubed
6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 cup frozen peas
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil over medium heat. Add 4 cups water and scrape to loosen any browned drippings from pan. Add the tomato juice, onions, celery, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
2. Discard bay leaves; add the carrots, rutabaga, and potatoes. Cover and cook for 40-60 minutes.
3. Stir in the peas; cook for 10 minutes. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 351 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 778mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 7g fiber), 31g protein.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC
Happy Monday! Do you have a hard time springing forward? As much as I look forward to an extra hour of daylight, it always takes me a couple of weeks for my body clock to get used to the time change. With spring arriving next week and Easter three weeks away, I’m ready to spring […]
The Great Elizabeth, the last Tudor, had a major sweet tooth. To be fair, she was not the only one. Food has always served to demonstrate and affirm status, and the royals of all times have asserted wealth and power by consuming the most luxurious and exotic comestibles of their epoch. Luckily for Elizabeth the […]
Klim is a brand of powdered milk sold by Nestlé. Klim is sold worldwide.
I never heard of Klim, I will have to try this one for my next dinner party, as dessert.
Klim was developed as a dehydrated whole-milk powder for use in the tropics, where ordinary milk tended to spoil quickly. Turn it around and what do you get? KLIM = MILK
February 18, 2018, 7pm
Menu Item 1
Shrimp with Louisiana-Style Remoulade Sauce
Menu Item 2
Menu Item 3
Menu Item 4
Menu Item 5
Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
Menu Item 6
Chocolate-Cheese Truffle and Chocolate Hazelnut Torte with Bacon.
Join the Blog Party
Hello everyone! I havent hosted a blog party in a while and they are always so much fun! I decided to host one starting today until Wednesday, which gives you plenty of time! A blog party us where you leave a link to your blog in the comment section, visit and meet new blogs/people and have lots of fun!
Here are the rules:
1. Choose any one of your favorite blog posts from your own blog, all kinds of posts are welcome. (Anything inappropriate will be removed). You can share up to three links each day, but it’s best to wait some time between each one.
2. Paste your link in the comment section of this post and tell a little bit about yourself and/or your blog.
3. REBLOG this post to let everyone know!!
4. Now grab a fuzzy blanket and get ready to read more blogs and meet…
View original post 44 more words